Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nikkah







A child busy rearranging the flower petals from the Masjid's fountain.



My first (and hopefully not my last) trip to Masjid Al-Farooq for a most blessed occasion. It's truly the most beautiful masjid I've set foot in the U.S. I wanted to capture more of the intricate and ordain architecture, but I wasn't able to.
I was; however, able to capture something that's even more important. I've come to truly realize--physically and emotionally that even the most basic things we demand and desire for ourselves should never be thought of as "basic" Getting a job, getting married, having children are all on everyone's "to-do" list and we expect that eventually we'll reach that phase in our lives because we tell ourselves it's a basic need. In reality, it's a tremendous blessing from Allah. As is being able to breath, being able to swallow food, being able to wiggle your toes, being able to sense your toes...and so on. My epiphany seems very self-evident, and of course I knew of my blessings and the blessings of others...but's it's another thing to be actually sense them and feel the tremendous bounty from your heart, to your shoulders, and into your eyes.

Allah is so gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment