Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Amish Country. Lancaster, PA








I wasn't not able to pray side by side with my fellow friends of faith, but I was able to pray Dhur on an empty country field... in solitude. And that was probably a better spiritual experience. The earth was warm and the wind was powerful yet gentle. Visiting Lancaster was a surreal and peaceful experience. Balance is a difficult concept to understand and obtain. But so is simplicity. The inhabitants of this town are hardworking, friendly and beautiful. And surprising the fresh smell of horse manure makes me want to inhale longer. I don't understand it either :)

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love how the one little girl has a can of root beer, when some of her "sisters" were selling homemade root beer a few miles back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... good observation. Lets do this more so I have something to write about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have made our lives so complex and dependent, yet we are still ungrateful.

    ReplyDelete