Monday, May 31, 2010
6 steps to inner peace from Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam lecture at RIS
6 Steps to Gain Inner Peace/Contentment:
1) Look at who is lower than you not the ones above you, if you do that you'll never be ungrateful for the bounties of Allah upon you (hadith)
hadith: if you come upon someone who is blessed with more than you in wealth and health, immediately look at people below you
2) Remove love of dunya from our hearts.
hadith: Hubbud duniya ra'su kulli khateea (love of dunya is the root of every sin)
3) Don't have any expectations from the creation of Allah.
Even when being good to family, you do it for the sake of Allah, not for people to be good to you in return. Expect nothing from anyone.
4) Constantly remember death.
If you remember how short life is after which there is eternity, no amount of tribulation in this world will bother you.
Hadith: kun fid dunya ka annaka ghareebun aw aabirus sabeel (be in this world as if you are a stranger or traveller).
5) Recite the book of Allah everyday (especially in the morning)
6) Be optimistic and try to smile as much as possible.
Notes collected by a family member.